Do you ever feel like your body is in a rut and you need a little pick-me-up to get yourself feeling like Y O U? Dry brushing might be that special something. In essence, dry brushing is taking a large brush with coarse bristles and massaging it over your legs, back, or any part of your body that has cellulite or is looking a little dull. You should move the brush in slow, circular motions 2-3 times per week. The bristles of the brush exfoliate the skin while the pressure helps to stimulate circulation. The most important benefit to dry brushing is the lymphatic drainage of the body, which in turn is supposed to help the body eliminate toxins.
How to Use A Dry Brush
- Pick up a dry brush from any beauty salon, we enjoy this one from Belula.
- Take the natural-bristled brush and gently but firmly brush your skin in long strokes toward your heart. Upward movements can help reduce wrinkles.
- Go over each area of the body two or three times.
- Only dry brush max 3 times per week.
- Dry brushing is typically done before showering.
- Follow your shower with a vitamin-rich moisturizer.
What is Lymphatic Drainage?
The lymphatic system is actually similar to the vascular system. Lymph is a fluid that exists mostly in blood vessels that circulate around the body. It seeps out of the vessels and helps the body’s cells survive by carrying immune cells. It also carries away metabolic waste, which is what we refer to as “toxins.” Dry brushing helps with lymphatic circulation ultimately help remove it from the body.
The most beneficial way to use your dry brush is by doing it before going into a sauna. This is going to help with lymphatic drainage, and then going in a sauna will help you sweat out all those nasty toxins.
Overall, dry brushing can be a great way to get softer skin and help rejuvenate your body in a more natural way. None of these outcomes are guaranteed, but its a great starting point if you’re looking for a pick-me-up! Tag us on Instagram or facebook @aislingorganics or join our VIP Facebook group to learn more insider tips.